The former Imperial Railway grounds, located directly in front of the station, were transformed by the sponsors Hugo Reisinger and Adam Herbert into a park in 1932. The park, which is 3.4 hectares in size, dominated by sweeping lawns, fountains and geometrically arranged water basins, leads directly North from the railway station to the city centre. The Herbert and Reisinger Park is also where a large variety of open-air events in the Wiesbaden calendar are held, always approved under the condition that the protection of the city's "green vestibule" takes priority.
Not many cities manage to keep a choice location, such as one near a railway station, free of development. Wiesbaden succeeded in doing just that.
- wiesbaden.de / Foto: Claudia Meyer