Numerous congresses that have remained loyal to the city of Wiesbaden for years and decades are impressive proof of the esteem in which these locational advantages are held. With around 9,000 participants each year from Germany as well as neighboring European countries and overseas, the International Congress of Internists of the German Society of Internal Medicine (DGIM) is one of the events with the longest tradition.
With a few exceptions, the Internists' Congress has been an annual guest in the Hessian state capital since 1882 and benefits from the closely interlinked use between the Rhein-MainHallen Wiesbaden, the Kurhaus Wiesbaden and the nearby hotels.
Furthermore, the following medical congresses and seminars are held regularly in Wiesbaden, making the state capital a renowned venue.
- Internistenkongress: Congress of the German Society for Internal Medicine
- German Allergy Congress
- Annual Congress of the German Society for Vascular Surgery
- Frankfurt Veterinary Congress
- Doctors' Update seminars on a wide range of topics (up to 20 seminars a year in Wiesbaden)
- Congress of the Professional Association of Ophthalmologists
- Annual Congress of the German Society of Radiation Oncology